Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Soup Night!


It's so cold ......too cold for April! But.......every cloud has a silver lining.......tonight's lining is a pot of homemade clam chowder! It smells so good and I have a fresh loaf of crusty sourdough to go with it. It's a really easy, great tasting chowder recipe with cream of celery soup as it's base.........souper easy! Sorry about the pun...I couldn't help myself! Also...sorry about the looks of the pot in above photo........my cooking pots are well used!
I met Mom again today and before we hit Costco we snuck in an In-n-Out.......sooooo good and we didn't want to go in Costco hungry......they say you tend to buy more than you need when you grocery shop hungry! I'm so glad I wasn't hungry because I bought enough as it was!......mostly food for Sunday's party......including a triple layer chocolate cake and a huge ham.
I came home to very cold house and quickly built a fire........now I have a warm house with a pot of delicious soup on the stove........my idea of heaven!

No comments: