Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Bleeding Hearts!


My shy little Bleeding Heart is in bloom! It gives it's all for about a month and then disappears until next Spring. Everywhere I've lived since I was about eighteen I've had a Bleeding Heart in my garden......they seem to thrive in all climates and make me proud every year. The beautiful little purple plant in the photo is one of my Columbines......not the variety that grow wild around here.....but a domestic type that are so lovely. It ,too, will only be around for a few months....as soon as it gets hot it'll kind of fade away until next year. I grew lots of them in Idaho where they bloomed all Summer.
Today I headed up to town...Foresthill....and spent some time at the library...where I scored three new books.......I'm so excited!!! A stop at Worton's were I traded in my store stamps.......one for every $2 you spend there......for 20 cards of stamps I get $10 worth of gas. I had eighty cards so that's $40 worth of gas. I think I'll save them until this summer when Jill and the boys will be here.........I use a lot of gas during that month long visit! Then I headed down to Auburn to drop off the recycling stuff......good for about 20 bucks. When I got home I had messages from both Tess and Molly. I called Tess back and exciting news as she'll be home for a few days around Mother's Day in May.....I can't wait to see her....seems like it's been a long time. When I hung up I got a call from Ross with great news.......he got a great job in Sacramento......one he's well qualified for as an audio engineer.....great hours, great pay.....even benefits! Also, he's just gotten three guitar students for a little extra money in the evenings. And.........very exciting.......he's the new guitar player for the Bathtub Gins....a local bluegrass band ......Jim and I will really enjoy going to hear them. Finally, Molly called back and she's also very excited about Ross' "Good Luck Day"! Sounds like she's going to meet me in Roseville tomorrow.....I'm sure Mom will join us for a fun day.
Now I'm headed into the kitchen to make a ham, asparagus and tomato quiche......hopefully, I can use up all the leftover Easter ham! Jim's done with the workshop he had to put on at work so I'm sure he'll come home with a bigger appetite than he's had the last couple of days.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The garden is beautiful (as always). Glad to hear that Jim's workshop is over and that Ross scored with the new job. Will his band be playing at the wedding?