Sunday, April 5, 2009

After All These Years!


Seth dug up this little wild plum tree from beside Todd Valley Rd. and gave it to me on Mother's Day......at least 10 years ago. I wanted one because they look so beautiful when they're in bloom along the road sides......perhaps it's karma....I should have let it stay with others of it's kind in that little gulch along Todd Valley....because it never once has produced a bloom of any kind. I had such hopes when Seth......along with help from brother-in-law Jack planted it about 100 ft. from my kitchen window.......although it's grown and had leaves every year.....not one bloom! Low and behold a week ago I was wandering around down there and at first I couldn't believe it, but upon closer inspection........a bloom!!!! And now there are several dozen! I'm so happy for me....so happy for this little tree.....maybe it will live a long and prosperous life with bees buzzing around it's branches and admiring looks from my kitchen window.

1 comment:

jilljen said...

Yea! Hooray for the blossoms!

Your new lamp looks great, too. So much fun seeing the pictures you post here, Mom!