Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Adios Spring!


What difference a day makes! Yesterday it was warm...in the 60's ......and sunny up here. Right now it's in the 40's and raining. I just made a fire even though the inside temperature has been about 60 all day........I kept thinking, it's bound to warm up. Didn't happen and I don't feel right curling up under a quilt until at least 7:00 in the evening.............I do have my standards!! I really missed having the sun today.......couldn't get real energized about anything. I went upstairs and sewed for a while.......I REALLY couldn't get inspired about that!! I think that may be a problem this year , I can't really figure out what I want to make or what I think will sell. It's gotten so I don't enjoy the creative process that much any more...I just want to see the dollar signs....I know, I know ...unforgivable! The up side of that is that the house is really spic and span.......when in doubt..clean something!!!
We're having a tried and true family favorite for dinner....sprout sandwiches, which I planned yesterday when it was warm. Had I planned today no doubt I would have had soup......or maybe even a roast. I guess I'll bake the last of last year's garden squash.....that should add a touch of hardiness to tonight's meal!

No comments: