Monday, March 2, 2009

When Life Gives You Lemons!


A bumper crop....particularly for a fruit that's not supposed to grow in the mountains!! Mind you ...I'm not complaining.....it's just a dilemma about what exactly to do with all of them! A person can only drink so much lemonade. I guess...after much conferring with my google search bar...I've decided to juice them and freeze the juice in ice cube trays, then transfer the little lemon juice cubes into plastic bags.....there by being able to easily retrieve them for any purpose! Lemon puzzle solved!
I actually reduced my "problem" by a little this afternoon by making a lemon-poppy seed cake....it smells delicious........we shall see!
The rest of the day was spent sewing and contemplating what the market will be like this year. Business was down about 20% last year and I imagine it may be worse this year. Will people be looking for light-heartedness, soberness, or just looking not to spend money! Time shall tell.
I think it's actually stopped raining this evening.....if this keeps up I may even venture down the driveway tomorrow!

No comments: