Thursday, March 12, 2009

Out of Tune!


I actually just about got up my nerve to post a short video of me playing a little tune on my dulcimer.......a REALLY little tune......but as I sat down to play it sounded really horrible! Not just my playing.....but the dulcimer itself was out of sorts! It needs a good tuning.....badly! I tried using the piano to find some kind of tuning.......didn't work. I just kept getting the poor instrument further and further from tuning perfection. After about an hour of frustration I looked to Amazon..........I now have an electronic tuner ordered and on it's way. I promise once it arrives and I figure it out...I shall play for you!
Other than instrumental frustration the day went well......how could it not!....it was a beautiful day .......sunny and getting warmer every day! I went down to Auburn, scored a few groceries......played around outside with Jenny.....ironed some of Jim's work shirts.......a productive mellow day.......just the kind I like!

1 comment:

Ross James said...

so close to a video...bummer! if i was there i'd tune her for you. i will eagerly await the tuner's arrival.