Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Happy St. Paddy's Day!


I just scored the corned beef and cabbage and I can already smell it cooking....I can't wait to slather it with a ton of mustard and dig in! I have a very real love for St. Patrick's Day....such a mellow holiday....doesn't disrupt everyone's life, just creates a bit of gaiety.....everyone seems to smile a little more. I can't believe my hands have not touched a bottle of green food coloring all day........Jim doesn't share the "kids" love of green mashed potatoes, or green refried beans.......he doesn't even like green waffles.....well maybe SOMEDAY I'll have a locally grown grandchild and we can eat green things all the live long day!!!!
I did get to spend a little time with my little red-headed Irish lass Molly Q. today......I met her and we strolled around Target and she picked up a few things for Ross' birthday which is on Thursday. Molly's been so busy with school and teaching that we haven't had much time to get together lately ....so it was a very nice afternoon indeed!

No comments: