Friday, March 20, 2009

First Day of Spring!




The day lived up to it's billing.....it was indeed a very merry Spring day! It must have been in the upper sixties up here and as you can see from the photos blossoms are starting to bust out all over. These pics are of one of the peach trees......aren't these blooms the most delicious shade of pink. If you all come up in a few months I'll make peach short cake for everyone!
I met Mom again today and we spent the day checking out various nurseries.....I didn't buy anything today, but I was of some use to Mom helping to load her purchases in her car. She got some beautiful plants and as always we had a great time "browsing". She's able to plant flowers at least a month before we can up here......so for the time being I'll live vicariously through her!
It's actually supposed to snow a little up here this weekend.......but I can feel it all around me.......Spring has sprung!

1 comment:

Shelby and Bev said...

yes, indeed, spring has sprung
! i'm going to hold you to the shortcake, i'm there
!!