Sunday, March 15, 2009

Such a Disappointment !


This poor struggling Quince was planted a least 10-11 years ago and this is the most flowers it's ever produced! I don't know what's wrong with it......I see them all over around here , virtually growing wild with no care what-so-ever......huge bushes, blooming their heads off! We moved it once a few years ago and managed to save it's pathetic life......but let's say it hasn't thrived. I actually took this picture so I can remember what color it is ....so I can replace it some day. But, being a child of the sixties.....it's very hard for me to end it's life.......I struggle with the dilemma most every day..........I would love a big, healthy red quince, but I just can't bring myself to dig this one up as long as it's "trying". Wow.....I know my kids will get a big kick out of this paragraph!!!!!! Well.....I think a couple of them might understand!.......you know who you are!!
On to more pleasant topics.........last night Jim and I headed down the hill and took in dinner and a movie. We went to a sort of new Chinese restaurant , which was very good......and the best part....we have enough leftovers for dinner tonight. Then we saw the movie "Taken"........very action packed and fast paced. Not really a "chick movie", but I was never bored!
Tomorrow is Jim and my anniversary.....lucky number 13......but, more about that tomorrow!

1 comment:

Shelby and Bev said...

oh, i just love quince...hang in there janet, it seems as if it is trying, like you say. shelb and i saw "taken" over the weekend, and our anniversary is this week as well, the 18th, 37 years!...i hope you and jim have a lovely day...