Thursday, March 26, 2009

A Rite of Passage!


I'm so pleased to tell you that Little Black Hen is now.........well, she's a woman.....of sorts!!! She's become a bonafide egg layer! I'm so happy for her because it seems she's finally relaxed and feels at home enough to...you know...lay an egg! Little Banty eggs are so sweet.......you can gauge it's size in above photo as it's sitting next to a regular size egg. I'm sure the waffles this weekend will taste extra sweet.
Earlier today I drove down and cruised Costco with Mom......I loaded up on their whole-grain bread....the best, as well as the cheapest, I've had. On the way home I stopped in to Seth's and said "Hi". He was working away on his thesis so I didn't stay too long. I think he'll be coming up for dinner tomorrow night....as well as Molly and Ross. I think it'll be a shrimp linguine kind of night. For dinner tonight I made a chicken tortilla soup.......I've never made it before but, it sure smells good. I'm also cooking some huge artichokes with lots of garlic..........they smell heavenly!
I was able to dry the clothes on the clothesline today, but it's really starting to cool off so guess I'd better head out there and retrieve them.

1 comment:

J Grons said...

Monica has to work but I will see you tomorrow! Can't wait!