Saturday, May 30, 2009

Summer Quilt !


For me the official start of Summer began today. This morning was the changing of the quilts, from the heavy down comforter to the light summery quilt. The whole bed is stripped.......mattress pad, dust ruffle, blanket and comforter and the bedroom curtains, then we flip the mattress. Everything is washed , hung in the sun to dry and then the bed is made back up after everything is dry......only instead of the comforter I put on this beautiful quilt. I guess this day is one of my favorite days of Summer.......I love the quilt , the bed is so easy to make up .........and I don't have to keep hitting down the fluffy comforter in order to see the TV!!!! Already though I'm kind of looking forward to the quilt -to- comforter transition in the Fall........it feels so cozy........well..... more about that come September!
I went down to visit Mom this afternoon and Molly was there also.......we had a nice lunch up at the Lodge and a wonderful visit on Mom's patio. Molly and Ross........mostly Ross......are cooking dinner for Mom tonight and I'm quite jealous.....the menu sounded delicious. Alas......Jim and I will have to make do with grilled steaks and a big salad! Also I promised Jim I'd make more cookies this weekend and there's no time like the present!

1 comment:

jilljen said...

That looks so cool and nice!