Sunday, May 3, 2009

Jack and Donna's!


As I mentioned we were going to in the previous post we headed over to Sonoma County yesterday for a little out -of- character ........for us....people time. We got out of here about 9:00 and immediately encountered heavy traffic on I-80......I don't know where everyone was headed....it was a cold rainy day, not the sort of day you'd head to the beach. Anyway....we jumped in a middle lane slot and had a pretty smooth cruise. I'd filled up my Ipod .......Jim couldn't wait to hear what new tunes I'd added........lots of songs he's heard hundreds, if not, thousands of times before!.........hey!....I'm a traditionalist!!!
When we reached the outskirts of Sebastopol we made a stop at Stella's house. Stella is an old friend of Jim's who's taken up the fiddle and so we stopped and Jim and Stella had a mini jam.......I particularly enjoyed it because .....Stella being somewhat of a beginner......I saw her exhibit the same frustrations that I exhibit trying to play my dulcimer........phrases such as...."Wait!"......"Damn"......"Just a minute".....along with various physical reactions, stomping of feet, fidgeting with hair and generally a lot of squirming! Besides our beginner's kinship I liked Stella and she promised she come up and visit us soon.
A short hop up the road and we pulled up in front of Jack and Donna's. They greeted us warmly.......we all love each other. We were hungry......what, me????.... and soon they laid out some delicious snacks we enjoyed while catching up. Jack mentioned he'd recorded the Kentucky Derby so we headed up stairs to the "media room" and enjoyed a great race on their beautiful new 52" HD television. Even Jim was impressed.......keep your fingers crossed, perhaps a new TV will join the Lupine Hill family before too many moons! We also watched a National Geo show about an amazing Chrystal cave in Mexico. Downstairs Donna presented us with a most wonderful dinner....... salmon cioppino , orzo and sweet little green beans.......everything was delicious. By the time we finished is was about 8:00 and time to head home. Thanks again Jack and Donna........we love being with you guys!

No comments: