Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Bumbling Bumble Bee!


A day at home , a lot of it spent out wandering the garden and communing with the chickens. There's so much pollen blowing around it's kind of a toxic environment for me, but I can take it in short doses..........after about 30 minutes I need to go inside, shut the doors and think happy thoughts! However.........during my last foray into the garden I became fascinated by our resident bumblebees. I tried a few weeks ago to get a good photo of one, but they're pretty active little critters and I couldn't get one to stay still long enough to get a good shot. I tried again this afternoon, but didn't have any better luck. Maybe if you click on the photo you'll actually be able to see the sweet little guy. I love the bumblebees up here, they're sweet and industrious and make living up here just a little more rewarding.

No comments: