Saturday, May 9, 2009

Just in Time for Mother's Day!


The iris held off until just the perfect day to open .....almost in unison....for the perfect touch for our Mother's Day celebration tomorrow. Like everything else they're extra lush this year because of all the recent rain.
I'm looking forward to tomorrow's gathering.......we'll have a house full. Tessy and Ryan are here and Molly, Ross, Granny, Denny, Uncle Ken and Aunt Bonnie......and hopefully Seth won't be working and will be here also. I love having family close by and always enjoy our get-togethers so very much. As far as the days menu......dinner will Teriyaki, brown rice, grilled peppers, greens from the garden and homemade strawberry ice cream for dessert. It's supposed to be in the seventies tomorrow......perfect "deck" weather!
This morning I drove down to Uncle Ken's in Roseville where they hold a wonderful brunch for "Mothers". His golf group puts it on and every year he invites me, Aunt Bonnie, Granny, my cousin Bev and her daughter-in-law Lynette. We start with Mimosas and graduate to french toast! It's always a fun morning.....I look forward to it every year.
Molly Pie......actually Tamale pie, it's a long story!......for dinner tonight. I think there's going to be seven of us for dinner tonight and Ross has been anxious to try the Molly Pie! Hmmmmmm!!!!!!
Soooooo...all you Mothers out there, Happy Mother's Day!!!

1 comment:

jilljen said...

Have fun!! And think of me ;-)