Monday, May 25, 2009

Mountain 'chokes!


I guess one of the last things I ever thought we would grow up here are artichokes........I always picture them growing in a lush coastal valley around Monterey........just goes to show we shouldn't let our preconceived ideas limit our lives!
Every year we enjoy at least a half-dozen of these west coast delicacies. Our favorite way to enjoy them is to steam them with a whole lot of garlic ......then dipping them in seasoned rice vinegar with black pepper. Makes even a dinner of mac and cheese a dining adventure!
This afternoon I headed down to Roseville to keep Mom company during her recovery. We had a nice visit out on her beautiful patio and I'm happy to report and she's still progressing really well.
Jim and I have the house to our selves tonight......grilled ribs and baked potatoes for dinner......always Jim's favorite. I know Jim's really enjoyed his four day "vacation" up here and is dreading the return to work.........the least I can do is see to it that he enjoys his dinner tonight!

1 comment:

jilljen said...

Yum! Will the artichokes be ripe when we're there?