Sunday, May 24, 2009

My Little Peony !



I have the most gorgeous Peony blooming on my front porch steps. Tess gave it to me for Mother's Day about 4 years ago and every year it comes back from nothing to give me these sweet, fragrant blooms. The blooms last about a week and then it's all over until next year. The foliage is beautiful throughout the summer, but after just a few cold nights in the fall it disappears completely until around the middle of April.
Sorry, not to have written for several days........like you really care!!!! I have a great excuse, however .......as I wrote in my last post, my Mom had her surgery on Thursday and so I've been spending some time with her in Roseville. I'm happy to report she's doing great and just about back to her old....er, young ....self. She's bounced back easily and is already eying the golfers who go by her backyard with a competitive gleam.
An unexpected surprise this weekend ....my Tessy-Meg paid us a visit. It was wonderful to see her and get to hang out on the deck with her. We did an early Birthday celebration last night , as her 27th birthday we be next Sunday. Molly and Ross also came up so we had a nice little party.
Today I spent at home..........wonderful weather...about 70 degrees. Tess just left, but Ross and Molly should be home from their hike soon and maybe bring Seth with them. A real Memorial Day dinner tonight..........barbecued hamburgers, grilled corn-on-the-cob, pasta salad and watermelon. Maybe I do like Summer..........just a little bit!

1 comment:

jilljen said...

I missed your blog! Glad to hear that Granny is doing well! And I love peonies, too!