Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Calm Before the Storm !


After a festive dinner on the deck everybody........Jill and kids, Molly, Ross and Seth.....decided to head up to the soccer field at the high school........leaving me to contemplate the mysteries and knowledge involved in wedding planning as well as feeding the masses ! I think there'll be at least 14 people staying at our house for the next week starting tomorrow........of course I look forward to having everyone here, but my efficiency skills will surely be tested as well as my ability to turn a blind eye to what will quickly become a very untidy house! I know every year I wonder if I'm up to it all........this year giving a wedding party in the midst of it all....I must admit my head is spinning ! However.........the memories the kids will have of playing with cousins , swimming in the dark of night, eating cupcakes by the handful and staying up way past bedtime......I'm so very grateful I'm here to witness it all ....to participate in it all.......the laughter, the hugs, the the love a family feels toward each of it's members.

1 comment:

Shelby and Bev said...

you are making memories, and that is what it is all about...