Thursday, June 4, 2009

It's Here!


After three long weeks the long-awaited microwave is here ! The old one blew up just as I was leaving to head to Salt Lake........poor Jim had to heat up the meals I'd left for him the old fashioned way......which is really a pain. About ten times a day I head over toward the micro's home to take advantage of it's magic.......and there's no micro there! Of course, I'm not a real quick learner, but I just haven't seemed to be able to accept that it was really gone. Those days are over......thanks to UPS man who made the treacherous trip up the driveway. I only hope this new one will grant us with it's presence a little longer than the old one which lasted only about 2 years. I won't get going on the whole situation of throw-away appliances..........it infuriates me!
It's cold and drizzly up here today........but nothing like the huge thunder and lightning storm we had last night. I've been in lots of thunder storms, but I think last night's storm had them all beat...........it was wild! Needless to say, we didn't get much sleep, but I still managed to have real productive day. Lot's of cleaning.......some much neglected sewing.....and now on to dinner and an NBA finals game 1 to watch!

No comments: