Friday, February 27, 2009

Peaceful Valley!


Jim took the day off today and we...or rather he.......woke up with the idea of a hike in the canyon. I woke up thinking....I don't need to walk on the blasted treadmill today! A differing of day envisionment! After I whined around abit this morning he got the clue that I wasn't so into a hike.....I wanted to do something more "fun".....as in no effort required! Being the wonderful man he is..he came up with the great idea that we would do something besides hiking........imagine that!!
We first stopped at the feed store and got a bag of chicken feed, stopping to admire the new chicks they'd just gotten in. Then on to the new Home Depot in Auburn....where I took my time admiring the flowers they have in, Jim checked out lumber prices for upcoming projects we'd someday like to build. It's a very nice store and had a really big ladies restroom....bonus points from me!!
From there it was a leisurely drive up to Grass Valley and our favorite old hippie haunt,Peaceful Valley...an organic growing supply store you've heard me mention before. We got some organic fertilizer,which Jim is unloading in our barn in above photo..... blue potatoes to plant, bok choy , lettuce and watermelon seeds. The watermelon looks awesome....it's called Moon and Stars watermelon and it's dark blue on the outside with yellow "stars" and one "moon" and kind of pink inside.......should be a trip if it grows.
A trip to Grass Valley wouldn't be complete without a stop at Paco's Tacos....it did not disappoint.....so good!!! And......on the way home Jim stopped and got Chinese for dinner tonight!! I guess maybe a little whining now and then doesn't hurt!

1 comment:

jilljen said...

Sounds like a great day!