Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day!


February 14......a day of love! Also, it appears...a day of cold and snow! We woke up to about 6 inches of new snow ......making a total of over a foot and they're saying the fun has just begun! We're expecting more snow for the next week along with winds approximately 20-40 mph. Alas Jim and I are cozy and warm......the fire's blazing and I'm about to go in a make him some chocolate covered almonds for his Valentine. I made all the heart cookies in the photo yesterday.....I'd planned to take some down to my Mom and a couple of her friends, but I couldn't get down the driveway yesterday.....or today. Maybe they'll still taste okay sometime next week.
The power's been out at least once everyday for the last few days, but our trusty little "genny" is all gassed up ready to go. It does effect how I go about my day.....everything that requires electricity I try to take care of early in the day......even partially cook dinner so it's easy to finish up on the wood stove. For tonight I've started twice baked pototoes that I can wrap in foil and finish in a dutch oven....and as soon as I'm finished here I'm going to make a ginger snap crumb crust for a lemon tart......Jim's favorite....for dessert. I got the recipe from Jack and Donna, my favorite adventure cooking people....they're always coming up with surprising and delicious taste combinations.
Sooooo......Happy Valentine's to all of you.......love the one you're with!

No comments: