Sunday, February 22, 2009

Bloomin' Manzanita!


Although I'm aware there are some people out there who consider manzanita to be a horrible nuisance....I am not one of those people. I adore manzanita because it processes traits that I admire in all living things......ruggedness, adaptability and of course beauty,,,remember beauty is in the eye of the beholder! But, really....just look at this photo......luscious , unusual...even pretty pink...blossoms , which show up like clockwork in the latter part of February, brightening the whole property up. My wonderful friend Pam and I used to make the most gorgeous wreaths out of the branches......we even used to sell them! It was a beginning of Spring ritual that I miss. I could make some myself, but somehow the task calls for companionship.
Speaking of companionship....Molly and Ross just left to head back down to Davis and as usual we had a fun weekend with them. Yesterday we headed down to the valley, picked up Mom and then headed off to pick up a new little Banty hen I got off of Craig'slist.......but more about her another day. Anyhow we managed to make it into a real fun day......even working in a hamburger somewhere along the way......Mom,me,Ross and Molly.....guaranteed laughter!
Today was cold and rainy so while Molly graded papers and Jim wandered the "back forty'...Ross and I battled at Cribbage and Backgammon all afternoon. Ross is an awesome player...but I stayed close!......let me qualify that.....kind of close!
Oh....we also had a lot of music and I'm diligently practicing to become one of the "band".......I'm a long ways off, but I do love playing my new toy.
It's quiet here now and getting dark......probably a burrito Sunday night dinner and then get ready to switch into weekday mode......early to bed and really, really early to rise!

No comments: