Friday, February 20, 2009

Mountain Music!


Look what came in the mail today........my mountain dulcimer!! I ordered it a couple of weeks ago with the money my Mom gave me for my birthday and I've been so excited for it to arrive! Needless to say..I've been trying to learn how to play it all afternoon and got very little else done!......but, it's so fun....if not somewhat impossible for me! Jim's been patiently helping me out .......we just played a duet.....me on dulcimer,Jim on fiddle....of "Old Joe Clark" and we both actually ,occasionally hit the same notes at the same time! Molly and Ross are due to arrive up here any minute......they're sure to be awestruck! I'm sure I'll be wasting way too much time on my new passion this weekend, but, hey........music feeds the soul!

1 comment:

jilljen said...

Wow - I didn't know you had ordered that...I'd better find myself an instrument to play or I'm going to feel really left out this summer!