Saturday, February 7, 2009

C-Webb!!!




Today is my 59th birthday and the year got off to an early, great start last night! Jim had gotten tickets ,as I mentioned in my last post, for the King's game where they retired Chris' jersey..........it was such a fun night!! First we had dinner at our favorite Japanese restaurant in downtown Sac......mmmmm, so tasty! Onward to Arco arena where we found our seats up in the nosebleed section, but we had a great view of all the action. The picture I took of the arena was way before the game started and it looks pretty empty, but it turned out to be the first sold out Kings game in a long time. We were playing Utah...one of our arch rivals.......and Josh's home team! We were up by 10 points at the half and then the tear-jerking started!! Chris' jersey retirement was a wonderful ceremony.....my tears were flowing freely! And the truly awesome part was that all "my boys" were there......Vlade, Doug and Scott Pollard. When the game resumed Utah began to take over and after a very exciting finish they beat the Kings...............but for a little while the magic of the old Arco was there.....there was yelling, stomping and cheering......I couldn't have asked for a better send off to my 59th year!

1 comment:

jilljen said...

Good birthday present, Jim!