Tuesday, July 21, 2009

What Kind of Garden Do We Grow ??


Make what you will of this lusty looking carrot.....as for me, I don't know what Jim's been feeding them with.....perhaps it's in the water ! We also had a suspiciously similar tomato just a few days ago. Maybe our garden has some mid-life crisis goin' on.......maybe it's all those bumblebees, little flirts that they are! There's probably a market for veggies such as these.......I don't know, however, if I want to find out where it is!
Today I did not get going on the pickles ,as I 'd mentioned yesterday......instead Molly called and I spent the day with her checking out some rentals in Auburn before they sign the lease on one they liked a few weeks ago. The more we looked ,the better the original pick looked. There was one place out in the country that she's interested in, but I think she's decided it may be more money than they want to spend right now. Any how.......a fun day ......spent in an air conditioned car !!!
When I got home there was a message from my wonderful friend Terry , who lives in Oregon now. I called her back and we had.....as always ......a great visit. Like all good friends , we're able always to pick up where we left off as if no time has passed.
Hopefully there'll be pickle pictures to share tomorrow !

1 comment:

jilljen said...

Crazy carrots - I'm glad the kids didn't see them!

I'm glad Molly and Ross are taking that apartment - I think they'll be happy there.

Happy pickling today!