Thursday, July 30, 2009

The Movin' Men !


After doing my usual morning "chores", I headed down to Auburn to supervise Seth and Ross while they moved Molly and Ross into their new digs. All went well until they tried to get the queen size box springs up stairs.........there's no way it's ever going to negotiate the turn to head up the stairs ......short of taking out one wall ! Kind of a bummer, but they're young and mattresses on the floor are kind of romantic........if you're twenty-something! After they finished we went to the A Town Deli and enjoyed a couple of sandwiches. Molly was down at a workshop at her school and so missed all the fun.
After arriving home I got busy dealing with an abundance of cucumbers and tomatoes. I made a batch of dill pickles and then a few jars of sweet chili sauce with the tomatoes. I hardly made a dent in the tomatoes..........and lord.....I wish I could give you all a dozen fresh eggs, I have them stashed all over the inside of the refrigerator. Sounds like Seth and Amanda will be around a lot next week so we'll enjoy some Summer omelets for dinner a few nights!

No comments: