Friday, July 17, 2009

Fire Safe !


Just wanted to let everyone know the fire danger is over......at least for the time being. Even though it was a Furlough Friday here in California, the firefighters showed up and were able for the most part to completely contain the fire. Our beautiful road up here is a little scarred .......but , I'm sure everything will grow back....hopefully in my lifetime!
It always amazes me the might with which the CDF........California Department of Forestry........hits these fires up here.
Still way too hot here......107 today down in the valley........I knew there was a reason I hate July!! Jim says we'll go somewhere cool tomorrow.......I don't really believe he's willing to drive as far as that will take !
The flowers in this photo are some of the leftover wedding flowers.....still so pretty, but fading fast in this heat. I need to clump them all together in a large pot so they don't dry out so quickly. Maybe we'll just drive down to Target tomorrow to get a pot........it'll be cool in there.......and only a 1/2 hour away!

1 comment:

jilljen said...

I can't believe we missed out on all of the fire excitement! Good to hear that there was no major damage, though.

The kids have been playing nonstop since we got to Josh and Melanie's house. Us adults are soon off to Josh's show - should be fun!