Sunday, July 19, 2009

Heat Wave !


It is way too hot.....even Jim is feelin' the heat....poor Jenny is inconsolable with no place to hide. Yesterday we got some relief, heading up to the high Sierras and taking a few dips in mountain lakes , but even up there....around 7000 ft , it was hot........and being gone all day yesterday somehow makes it seem hotter today! It looks as though ,maybe, it'll start to cool down a little starting tomorrow, but I'll believe it when I feel it !
July always makes me kind of edgy......as all who know me can attest to.....that threat of extreme heat is always lurking, the days are way too long so the sun just burns on and on, my only consolation is our mighty Doughboy........which is where I've been most of the day. In and out......wet then dry.......struggling to cope ! Jim is going to die of laughter when he reads this............he's the one who has to live with me.......even in July!!!

No comments: