Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Magic Jack !


As part of my cost-cutting measures......yes, I do have a plan !......today I installed my new Magic Jack. I don't know if any of you have heard of said "Jack", but most of what I've heard and read has been positive. The goal is to reduce usage, of get rid of all together , our expensive out dated land line. I use my cell phone to make the calls I call the most.....to Molly, Seth and my Mom....since we're on a family plan the calls are free. However, I don't like to use my minutes to call everyone else....especially Jill in Norway. Enter Magic Jack ! For 19$ a YEAR , my long distance is free. It's a VOIP type of device....the difference between it and SKYPE is that my phone is the device I use for calling and talking, not my computer with a headset.....which I have a hard time getting used to. Like I said, I may disconnect the land line for good....or keep it for incoming calls , but if you get a call from a strange 530 number....don't hang up...it's probably me ! If I do ditch the land line I'll make sure you all......at least most of you........ get our new number.

1 comment:

Shelby and Bev said...

brad and nan have this too, they are pretty happy with it!