Thursday, August 20, 2009

Going Batty !



This morning as I was stubbling around after Jim left something "buzzed" me ! I was really so out of it I kind of didn't pay any attention......I think I thought I was outside or something.......then it dawned on me ! Something was flying around in the house! When I realized it was a bat....I freaked out ! I don't really understand why I freaked, but I guess I have more of a bat phobia than I realized. Seemed like it was trying to scare me, but probably it was as frightened as I was. It really would have been very comical to see if anyone but me was home.......I was actually letting out little screams every time it flew by. It was following me....I swear! Finally....I propped open a screen door and ran upstairs and closed myself in the bedroom. I had a doctor's appointment and so eventually had to come out......and when I did the bat was gone.....although I 'm still not convinced for sure that it's gone, it may be hiding and come back out as the sun goes down!
Anyhow.....the trip to the doctor was uneventful.....I checked out fine......luckily we live an hour from our doctor and so my blood pressure had returned to normal by then!
I met my Mom and cousins Bev and Maddie for lunch.....and finally I had an exciting story to relate...but I forgot all about the bat and so missed my chance !! Well........we found plenty to talk about anyhow and had a very enjoyable afternoon.

No comments: