Friday, October 9, 2009

A Woodcutter's Wife !


The squirrels are out all over the place making their winter plans......therefore...... time to venture forth in the 4-Runner , water bottles in hand, and find the biggest, best dead oak we can find! Way out on Deadwood.....our favorite foraging spot.....we found the mother lode of oak ! Jim is so good at spotting fallen oak.......wayyyyyy off the road! And I'm such a big help to him ! First he has to split into quarters all the big rounds he just cut so I can even lift them to put them in the truck........then I whine a bit about scratchy bushes , because I don't believe in long pants and......excuse me......but, I ONLY wear sandals.........and all the way home I ask strange questions about everything we encounter......I'm sure Jim thinks he's riding with a 5 year old..........but, these ventures are strangely affirming.......we're so glad and fortunate we have each other and that a trip down Deadwood can be a rousing, loving good time.

1 comment:

Shelby and Bev said...

this post made me laugh out loud!!