Sunday, October 18, 2009

Celebrate !


Yesterday was our annual Fall Birthday Bash.......somewhat sparsely attended due to illness and that old bugaboo........work ! We had enough of a crowd, however, for a lot of fun. My mom had some battery issues with her car and so we had a couple of extra attendees from AAA ! Since it was a smaller than usual group the gathering turned into a kind of sit-around-the-kitchen-table kind of day. Lots of wonderful conversation......and way too much food ! Just my kind of event !!!
Mom ended up spending the night because of her battery issues and so we had a nice "German Pancake" breakfast and a bit of a morning visit, which was very nice. Since she left Jim and I have been enjoying an afternoon of pigskin action........so far Ross and I are even-steven today.
It's getting real cloudy and I guess we're in for more rain tomorrow......hopefully Jenny and I get our walk in before it starts. ........although I can't really say I mind a walk in the rain.

No comments: