Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Rain, Wind and Chutney !



We woke up this morning to wind and rain......we've been warned about it's imminent arrival all week....and so far it hasn't disappointed. This storm will bring a definite end to the fire season......and the start of a Foresthill winter. I'm enjoying our new wood stove and so far it's keeping me warm and cozy . I think it even may be burning the wood more efficiently than the old one.
I got out the Halloween decorations and have the inside of the house all "Spooky".....the outside will have to wait until nicer weather ! I also used some of our apples and made a batch of chutney.........so good and so expensive to buy. Guess I'll have some of the kids up for a curry dinner soon !
Speaking of kids........I talked with Tessy yesterday and she seems to be doing well. Her friends up in Humboldt are keeping her busy and she sounded pretty positive. By the way......thanks to all of you for your good thoughts and kind words.......we all appreciate them so much.
So.....on this cold and stormy day......cozy up and give each other a big hug !