Monday, October 26, 2009

A Day at the Pumpkin Patch !



In a nick of time.... before the weather's supposed to change........cold and windy starting tomorrow......I met Molly and her class at a farm in Auburn. The owner of the farm is really into what he does and it all really rubbed off on us........ all organic and such a variety of produce ! I learned a lot and really wished I'd had a paper and pencil to take notes. He even grows chestnuts, which I thought only grew in the Northeast.....but there they were...huge old chestnut trees right smack in Auburn and huge chestnuts all over the ground ! He roasted some for us.....I hadn't had one for years.....and they are every bit as delicious as I remember ! I bought some from him and plan on roasting them this weekend. The kids and their parents seem to love Miss Molly......as I knew they would......
Been thinking a lot about my blue-eyed girl, Tessy.......I wish she lived close enough for me to see her more often......I hope all is going well and that she knows how loved she is.
I talked to Jilly a few days ago......so busy.....full time job and 3 active boys......I wish she was closer too......I would love to be able to help her out with everything. I know there are times she wishes she was closer too , but I think she belongs to Norway now and I don't blame her a bit !!! .........who wouldn't want to live in Norway !
Actually...right now ......I'm glad I'm right where I am.....headed up to my big, soft bed on a cold cozy night.



No comments: