Friday, January 9, 2009

Sick Dog!!


Poor little Jenny has been under the weather the last couple of days. Yesterday morning when I first let her in she was drooling like a mad dog!! First I freaked myself out thinking rabies, but eventually the drool stopped....... Yippee!!!! She stayed inside with me all day advising me on some designs I've been working on, but I could never get her to eat anything.......even offering to share my turkey sandwich with her.
When we got up this morning she seemed a little more chipper........well, as chipper as anyone is at 4:30 in the morning! When I let her in I got her to try a bite of dog biscuit.....even a piece of string cheese. It's now evening and I tempted her with a bowl of milk of which she took a couple of half-hearted licks. I don't know what's wrong with her......I sure wish she could talk. She is at least showing some interest in the world this evening which I'll take as a good sign.
Molly and Ross are coming up late tonight and then tomorrow we plan to go on a long hike down in the canyon......it's supposed to be a beautiful day and a hike sure beats toiling away on the treadmill! I'll try to remember my camera so I can share the day with you.