Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Give Peas a Chance!


Well.....today I snuck away to Davis to have lunch with Molly. It's been so cold, cloudy and wet up here that when she said it was sunny down there I couldn't resist. I hung out at the rock climbing gym where she works most of the time......and watched her work! She was training some people outside so I basked in the warm sun. We did manage to squeeze in some Thai food for lunch........I guess I'll have to learn to live with the guilt!!

When I finish writing here I'll head for the porch to shuck some peas for dinner.......they're loving the cool weather. I think we'll just have the fresh peas and some little potatoes.....maybe in a cream sauce. Lots of lettuce to use so a big salad too, with some freshly made blue cheese dressing....so easy and so good!


Farmhouse Blue Cheese Dressing


Mix in blender: 1/2 cup olive oil

1/4 cup wine vinegar

1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese

2 heaping teaspoons sugar

1 teaspoon garlic salt

1/2 teaspoon pepper


Mix until well blended. Will keep in refridgerator for up to 2

weeks.


2 comments:

jilljen said...

This is turning into a recipe blog! :-)

Tessly Mnemonic said...

Yum! That sounds like a really good dinner. Those peas are tasty.