Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Empire Mine Trippin'


I finally got my camera back!! I'd left it at my Mom's this weekend, so down to the valley I went this morning.......now I'm back in business! A little catching up to do>>>>>>>

On Saturday Jim and I drove over to Grass Valley, an awesome little town near by. First we went to Peaceful Valley Farm Supply for some organic fertilizer......Jim bought 10 bags as the price is set to almost double, along with everything else in this country! Peaceful Valley is a great trip even if that's the only place we go........all the old California hippies kind of congregate there......I suddenly become a flower child once again! Saturday...however....we had a full day planned.

Next on the agenda was lunch at Paco's Tacos......so delicious, so cheap. It was a beautiful day so we sat outside and discussed what to do with our lives........still weren't able to figure it out! Maybe a hike !!!!! We headed over to the Empire Mine .......a huge gold mine that was active from 1850 to 1952. There are a lot of cool old buildings and equipment........I wish I could have played "pretend" there for a day when I was a kid! I think we still had it in us to do it even now, but there were too many sane people around......so we headed for the nearby forest.

We enjoyed a lovely 4 mile hike....even meeting a few pleasant people along the way. Soon we headed home.....never tiring of the amazingly beautiful road home.

1 comment:

jilljen said...

Tacos...I have been craving Mexican food. Cannot wait to get there!