Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Come for A Swim!


The pool is open for business! Jim and I spent Monday getting the pool "de-winterized" and now it really seems like summer with the hum of the pool filter running! It seems awfully quiet out there right now, but in just about 9 days when Jill and family arrive the place will be a hoppin'! This pool is my savior during the summer months......I always have a place to cool off. Since we're such good stewards of the earth.........as well as being somewhat cheap...........we don't run our AC hardly ever and it can sometimes get very toasty up here! Some of the most peaceful moments of my life have been spent floating around in "big blue"......some of the most serious money I spend is spent on a big cushy air mattress which I jealously hide from the kids when they're here. As well as being a comfort necessity around here the pool also serves as a possible fire hose.... we can pump out of it if ...heavens forbid.... a forest fire sneaks up on us.

It's turned warm enough today for the berries to start ripening......I can almost see the plants growing. I need to harvest the lavender soon...last year my little eye pillows stuffed with my lavender were big sellers........but it's a fickle market out there and I never know what will do well year-to-year.

No comments: