Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Thunder and Lightning!


The first summer type storm has just rolled in!! I was watching the clouds build all day over the high mountains and as the day went on they kept coming closer and closer....and then.......a whole lot of wind and much cooler air. This photo I took doesn't begin to capture the electricity and tension in the air...........it's just so forceful. I rushed out to get the clothes off the clothesline and only encountered a few drops. At this point we need all the drops we can get........I fear a horrible fire season.

Before all the excitement I was making bran muffins for Jim's breakfasts. He leaves so early....4:45 am.....and so he takes tea and muffins to eat on the way down to his office. Now I suppose it's time to start dinner.......lemon chicken, brown rice and artichokes [from our garden!].

I've got CNN on watching the Indiana and North Carolina primary results come in. Looks good in North Carolina...so so in Indiana.

No comments: