Saturday, May 10, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!



It's that time of year..time to celebrate Mother's....big and small....sweet and sour! I thought I'd get this post out today since I'll plan on a busy day tomorrow and I really want to wish the wonderful mothers I know a very Happy Mother's Day!

To my longtime friend Jan, she lived on the property next to me in Bend, Or. Our kids...her Jill and Joey, my Jill and Josh....were the best of friends......they were always together and made the most of livin' in the country! Jan is an awesome, most capable woman....as well as fun loving. We pretty much made the most of living in the country also and Jan was always there for me.


Happy day to Terry......my wonderful friend from Idaho. Too many adventures to recount, too many laughs to remember.....Terry is the best! Besides being the best teacher my kids ever had ...or will have......Terry has been a large part of my life since we met.......many years ago!


Pam .......my sister mother......she and I shared great fun and talks on our walks around the wilderness of Todd Valley. We share the joy of having big families.....as well as the frustrations! Pam lives in Oregon now and I miss her most on these beautiful Spring mornings.......perfect walking weater.


My Jilly.......Mom to 3 wild and crazy boys!! She just completed 4 additional years of college.....after 4 previous years in Utah.........and during it all she gave her all to her boys....and Norway now knows what a "soccer Mom" is........sometimes 3 games a day! I love you, Sweetie and can't wait 'til you get here!


Melanie, my wonderful daughter-in-law......she's a dream daughter-in-law and such a great Mom to Taige and Tia......patient, loving and sweet.......so happy she's part of my family......can't wait to see you this Summer too!


Last, but not least.......my Mom who at 85 continues to amaze.......you all know my Mom so you know what I mean! She does it all with style and flair and is always there for her "brood".


So...........Happy Mother's Day all you amazing women........I love and salute you all.

1 comment:

jilljen said...

Hmmm, I don't know about these blog entries you have that make me cry, Mom! Have a fantastically wonderful Mother's Day!!! You are the best Mom in the whole world (I know that sounds like something Johan would say, but it's true)