Tuesday, May 31, 2011

A Wonderful Weekend !




I so enjoyed this weekend.....I was able to spend time with a variety of people who I love. Here's the social timeline : Friday Jack and Donna stopped by on their way home from Nevada. I've been missing them lately.....we hadn't seen them since Xmas ! We had a archery session......they're both very good !.......a lengthy gab session....and a chatty dinner. It was wonderful, as always, to spend time with them. Saturday afternoon I went down and met my mom at Chilis where we split one of our favorite salads. As always a wonderful visit.....there always seem to be lots to catch up on . That evening Jim and I went all the way down to Sacramento for dinner and a movie. We saw "Meek's Crossing" .......an independent film about pioneers lost in the West. We enjoyed it , but it certainly is not a "mainstream" movie. We had dinner at the "Tea Cup" restaurant , one of our favorite downtown Chinese restaurants. It was freezing cold when we got home and snuggled under the down comforter.
Sunday I headed down the hill again to meet my lifelong friend, Belle. Belle and I grew up in the same little culdesac and we were good friends from childhood through High School. We managed to always find a lot of mischief and adventure. Belle lives in Berkeley now and comes to Sacramento about once a month to visit her mom and so we always make it a point to meet . On the way home I stopped in Auburn at the High School where Ross, Molly and gang were all playing baseball. It was pretty hilarious !
Yesterday, Monday, Ross and Molly came up for a Memorial Day barbecue. It was windy and cold so instead of sitting out on the deck soaking up the sun we sat inside by the fire and played some games ! Always a great time to see them , wonderful couple !
Today is my Tessy's birthday. I've tried to call her and text her , but no luck......she's elusive that Tess ! Twenty-nine years old......Happy Birthday, Sweetheart......I love you so very much.

No comments: