Thursday, May 5, 2011

Spring ?........Summer ?





What a crazy year this has been , weather wise ! A ton of snow , lots of cold and now all of a sudden it's 80 degrees ! I'm such a weak woman that I just couldn't resist the local nurseries and their beautiful flowers. I may be very sorry when the next frost hits, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed !
There was a lot to do in the garden this year because of the snow and cold. We lost a lot of plants that had done fine in previous years , but were dead this year. One of the biggest loses was all the lavender we'd planted a couple of years ago. Instead of replanting it I decided to go with something different........wow.....what a surprise !! Anyhow......I'm back to my old whiskey barrel days , although they're now wine barrels.......much more Northern California ! They look very nice and I sure hope the deer leave the geraniums alone that I planted in them ! They also have a lot of yarrow planted in them and I know that the deer really dislike yarrow.
What's strange this year is that all the Spring plants are so late. Usually when I plant for Summer the lilacs and iris are long gone. This year they've just begun. I not complaining.......the yard has never looked more beautiful........flowers everywhere !
Oh ! I forgot to mention........the Kings are staying in Sacramento ! Whoooo- Hoooo!

No comments: