Thursday, May 19, 2011

In a Jam !


Woooohoooo........it's a sunny day and even somewhat warm !! I'll never again take -for-granted being able to walk outside with out shivering.......actually .....I'm usually shivering in our house lately too ! Jim's still home enjoying his week long "staycation" , and today we took a break from firewood cutting and spent the day around here , working here and there.
I found time to clean out my car .....it was turning yellow from all the pine pollen and then I got started on one of my favorite "chores" of spring.......making strawberry jam. It's just so beautiful ....ruby red...so easy and I know how wonderful it will taste come the middle of next winter . I barely got started when I ran out of sugar , but I just couldn't stand to get in the car and head to the store sooooo..... tomorrow I'll be off sugar shopping and hopefully squeeze out at least 10 more jars of jam !
Saturday we're all off to neighboring Placerville for a live performance of the awesome Dry Creek Ramblers.......really looking forward to the day.

No comments: