Thursday, February 3, 2011

If At First You Don't Succeed...........!


I think I may have this circular knitting needle thing figured out !! It's only taken a couple of weeks and several sleepless nights.....yes, sleepless nights, I take challenges very seriously ! As usual with these type of difficulties....all of a sudden it made sense to me !! So.......after figuring out the mechanics of circular needles I realized that since I had taught myself what I thought was a knitting stitch,but it was not !! I don't know what stitch, if any, I've been using to knit scarfs, but it sure didn't work when I tried to combine it with a "real" knitting stitch. I guess that's always a danger when you "self-teach" without any guidance. Well.....as I said I think I've made great progress today and am well on my may to a pair of handmade socks ! I hope to have a photo of a finished pair to show you soon.
It was a beautiful day up here so I didn't spend the entire day tangled in yarn. I cleaned up my flower garden a bit ........visions of bright and happy flowers sprouting up soon. However, I'm sure we're still at least 3 months away from sprouting flowers.
For dinner tonight I'm trying to resurrect a roast I way overcooked on Sunday. Seems counter intuitive to recook an overcooked roast, but I've thrown it in the crockpot with a bunch of mushrooms, onions and 1/2 a bottle of red wine. The thought being that the meat will become tender, moist and tasty. Whatever....at the least the noodles will be yummy !

No comments: