Saturday, April 10, 2010

Sweet Sugar Pine !




It was a beautiful day yesterday......especially as days go this year ! Every year we try to make two trips around Sugar Pine, the little lake near our house. We like to go once in the Spring, before anyone is there and once again in the late Fall, just before the first big storm rolls in. So......yesterday was our Spring trip for the year......and it didn't disappoint ! It was sunny and just a little breezy......a day to dream about long Summer days spent in Sugar Pine's sweet cool water. So many fun memories of days spent there......days with the kids and grandkids......Jim and my hilarious days of canoeing.......but some of the really special days are the days just like yesterday.......quiet days , days of anticipation , markers of the changing seasons.
Today...however.....it is cold, cloudy with snow in the forecast and I'm sitting here by the fire ...........once again!!! I think this is the coldest Spring I remember since living here........I want my flipflops and I really want to plant some flowers !! According to the forecast that won't be happening for the next couple of weeks.........Oh, well.....I'm sure to be complaining about the unbearable heat soon !

1 comment:

Shelby and Bev said...

i am longing for flip flops too...