Monday, March 1, 2010

Todd's Valley......Spring's Acomin' !



While Jenny and I were walking this morning we saw signs of Spring everywhere.........it was such a beautiful morning ! I love my morning walks.......the scenery is ever-changing........I have an excellent companion in Jenny......the 3 1/2 miles fly by!
Sometimes I'm lucky enough to encounter Mrs. Hansen as she completes her daily walk. She's a 96 year old women who's lived up here her whole life and still lives alone on her isolated property. She's always dressed for a polar winter and carries a big stick....literally! She also brings her little "mutt" along with her. We always stop to chat......she remembers Molly, as her daughter was Molly's seventh grade teacher and Molly was also friends with one of her granddaughters. Her love of the outdoors and of this rugged land is so inspiring to me.........I sure hope I'm hiking these hills at age 96!
This afternoon I went down to Roseville and met my Mom at Chili's .......where we shared one of our favorite salads.........as well as some chips and salsa!!! From there we made a quick trip to Costco and I'm sure we saved ourselves hundreds of dollars!!
Costco doesn't really make as much sense for me anymore now that I don't have a small army to feed, but it's fun to go there and their whole wheat bread is the best I've found.
A storm's moving in tonight........wet, cold weather for the next few days, maybe snow.........but, mornings like the one I had today.....I feel a lot more coming this way!

No comments: