Monday, March 22, 2010

First Deck Party of the Year !




Yesterday we swept off the cobwebs.....pruned the dead plants.....and put up the umbrella .........it was opening day of the deck!! We used the occasion to celebrate Ross's birthday and had a bunch of family over to mark the occasion. It was a wonderful day and the easiest entertaining I've ever done ! Costco lasagna.......it was delicious !!.......garlic bread, salad and a carrot cake from Raleys ! I just sat back and enjoyed the day ! I love entertaining out there......it just seems to "work"......much less stressful than being inside.
Today Jim took the day off and we've been messing around outside pretty much all day. It was a somewhat breezy brisk day , but way too lovely to spend it indoors. I did manage to get a couple of orders ready to ship , but other than that I had pruning shears in hand most all of the day ! And one of the best parts of the party yesterday........there are enough leftovers for dinner tonight!!
PS.......I've had numerous emails asking when I got my glasses........so to set the record straight......the beautiful blonde woman standing next to Jim is my cousin Bev........I must agree there is a strong family resemblance!

1 comment:

Shelby and Bev said...

..and it was a lovely afternoon, thanks for having us...