Saturday, October 11, 2008

Granny's 86th Birthday!



Yesterday, October 10, was my Mom's 86th birthday......and as usual we celebrated in style! We had the big "party" the night before , as Denny and Joan were going out of town the next day. Joanie and I supplied the food and Denny barbecued ......and a delicious carrot cake to boot! It was a wonderful meal,as always, filled with laughter. After dinner we gave Mom her present ......a laptop! She was beyond surprised! We spent the next couple of hours showing her the ropes.......I think she's got Solitaire down pat! About 11:00 Jim, Seth and I headed up the hill.

Yesterday I went back down to take Mom out for a birthday lunch and then spent the afternoon getting her signed up for Internet service and give her a Solitaire refresher course. Once she's online I plan on setting up a blog site for her.......I'll let you all know when she's up and running with her e-mail address........she'll be thrilled to hear from everyone!

It's cold and windy here on Lupine Hill today.......we've got a big fire going. Guess I should be getting upstairs and start sewing, but maybe I'll curl up with a book for a few minutes!

No comments: