Thursday, October 16, 2008

Autumn Bounty!


I think the season of food preservation is over for this year! Pickles, relish, chili sauce and chutney........plus a baskets and baskets of squash and a freezer full of hot and Bell peppers. We'll be eating well this Winter......with lots of help from the local grocery store! Every since I've been a little girl....many eons ago.....I've been like a squirrel in the fall, I like my food stores to be full. I guess I played "pioneer" too much............it's a great feeling to have food stored up for the coming Winter. I always thought I was born in the wrong century!

However, since I am here now, I'll let you know what's happening around here the last few days. Well, actually not so much! Seth and I did some work on the picket fence this morning and then I put some of the new knobs on the cabinets in the laundry room. Slowly, but surely we're getting things done that we've thought about doing since we moved in about 12 years ago. I love this house and this property......I can't imagine a more "homey" place.........easy to say in this most wonderful Autumn weather......ask me again in the dog days of August!

No comments: