Sunday, November 6, 2011

Lazy Autumn Weekend !



It's cold, wet and dark.........Fall must be here ! We can't complain, it's been beautiful for a long time and my pastel flowers really do clash with my Thanksgiving decorations......yes, it's time for a change in the weather !
Yesterday was a burn day......meaning we were able to have a large bonfire of various trimmings and cuttings that had piled up over the summer. I guess I'll never outgrow my fascination with fire......the large burn piles are one of the great perks of life in the country. Always fun and exciting days.
After the pyrotechnics were over I headed down to Auburn to meet Molly and do a little thrift store Xmas shopping. Lots of people had the same idea ! The store was packed and the treasures were little.......kind of disappointing ! We headed over to Target.....which never disappoints .....and picked up a few things. Xmas will be a little different this year...... fewer gifts and littler gifts with more cash involved. Sounds confusing ? It is ! Molly's helping guide me through the process.....the challenge is, how to keep Xmas morning exciting for less money !

Today is , of course, devoted to football......go Niners !

No comments: