Tuesday, November 22, 2011

So Much to Be Thankful For !


I just got done making the ginger cookies for the "big day", the rolls are made .....so tomorrow will be the Jello salad [it's my oldest tradition], three pumpkin pies and tearing the stuffing up . Thanksgiving Day itself will be a piece of cake.....I want plenty of time to enjoy each and every person who shows up at our table.
I'll take a few minutes here to catch you all up on the last week which was really fun one ! Last Friday night Jim and I headed up to Foresthill High School to watch our UNDEFEATED football team, The Wildfire. It was about 33 degrees, windy and alternately rain and sleet.........and the place was packed !! Everyone toughed it out and were rewarded with a big win ! It's on now to the conference championship game....this Saturday down in Lodi. Not bad for our little school with a population of around 80 kids!
Saturday we had planned to go up to Tess and Boyce's to help wrangle their new llamas into a trailer to take up to their place. But.......it was not to happen ! When I got up that morning and came downstairs something seemed not quite right. I opened the door that goes out to the garage and saw what it was ! Our water heater had given out and the garage was flooded with an inch of water. What a mess !!! And we'd had such a fun day planned together ! So sad....... Jim lined up a plumber for that afternoon and I took off to do what I could to help with the llamas. Well....I got up to Oroville about noon and off we went to pick up Buster and Lady , the new llamas. It was a beautiful day in a beautiful place, but the llamas were ugly mean ! There were 5 of us there and we were never able to get those stubborn animals in the trailer ! We finally gave up when Buster ran over me , slicing my ankle up . It started to swell and has not stopped yet.....it must have bruised a bone or tendon. Whatever is wrong, it is not fun and I miss having two good legs !! Tess and Boyce felt terrible, but I would not have missed all the fun for the world !
Sunday was spent on the sofa with my leg propped up on a pillow......I minded not a bit, there were some great football games on all day.
Tomorrow my Molly has the day off so we'll spend the day together. One of my favorite traditions of all.....last minute grocery shopping for Thanksgiving together. Does that sound like a lame tradition? Believe me.....it's one that I cherish.
I wish that Jilly and Josh were here to join us on Thursday.......I love you both so very much and you will be in my thoughts all the day long.

No comments: